Benefits of eLearning Courses: eLearning has helped transform the way people learn and develop new skills.
Faster delivery – eLearning courses cut down on the training time required because:
- it does not take as long to start and wrap up a learning session
- learners set their own pace, rather than the pace of the group
- no travel time is needed to get to and from training events
- learners can focus on elements of a programme they need to learn and can skip what they already know
Lower costs – Because of the way and ease in which eLearning courses are delivered the cost of learning and development for organisations are reduced. The gains of eLearning courses reduce the cost of reducing training times, course materials, travel and accommodation.
Lower environmental impact – The key areas in which eLearning lowers an organisations’ environmental impact are as follows:
- cuts down on the travel and accommodation costs associated with undertaking a course
- reduces the need for a campus site and the accompanying costs of maintaining the facility and equipment
- eliminates the need for paper, thus saving trees