Major Incident Trauma Training Course
Major Incident Trauma Training Course (VTQ) – 3-year nationally recognised certificate. Our Major Incident Trauma Training Course is ran over one day and consists of theory and practical sessions ensuring our ‘no boredom’ training.
From triage to tourniquets, be ready for any major incident with this comprehensive ProTrainings Course. Major incident trauma is something that anyone could need to deal with. Catastrophic injuries from multiple casualty incidents are something that unfortunately are real situations that first responders and members of the public may have to deal with. The course covers keeping yourself safe and the triage of casualties in addition to covering many different types of catastrophic injuries and how to treat them.
The Learning Outcomes are to:
1. Understand the hazards that pose a risk to personal safety when dealing with a major incident and performing a dynamic risk assessment.
2. Explain the ways in which the responder can be harmed by injury and infection and selecting the correct personal protective equipment.
3. Explain the DRCA(c)BCDE protocol in treating traumatic injuries.
4. Explain how the emergency services integrate to offer effective care.
5. Understand approved methods of triage and communication between responders and the emergency medical services.
6. Explain the concerns and treatment of different types of catastrophic injury.
7. Explain how to use a tourniquet in the treatment of a catastrophic extremity bleed.
8. Explain how to treat a catastrophic bleed with haemostatic dressings and agents.
9. Explain how to continue to monitor a patient and treat for shock.
10. Explain how to hand over to the EMS.
11. Understand the concerns of post-traumatic stress.
Available as small group training and 1 to 1 training, please contact us for further details. Prices start from £85.00 per delegate.