This course includes the latest CPR and Coronavirus recommendations and is designed to meet the requirements of ILS courses laid down by UK Resus Council guidelines and is certified by ProTrainings. This CPD course meets the criteria for the General Dental Council’s development outcomes C and includes medical emergencies as set out by the GDC in the dental practice.
The aim is to train healthcare personnel in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, simple airway management and safe defibrillation by enabling them to manage patients in cardiac arrest until the arrival of a cardiac arrest team and to participate as members of that team.
Our ILS training course is ran over one day and consists of theory and practical sessions ensuring our ‘no boredom’ training. During your ILS training you will learn how to identify the causes and promote the prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest. Recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using the ABCDE approach and undertake the skills of quality CPR and defibrillation. Your training will cover adults, Children and Infant CPR.
Our ILS training course aim is:
To provide a higher level of theory and practical training in accordance with the UK Resus Council and ERC guidelines in immediate life support (BLS/CPR) and medical emergencies as required by the GDC, also providing training in theory and practical AED use in the event of a cardiac arrest.
The main objectives of your training are:
- Understand basic life support requirements
- Be able to demonstrate basic life support techniques and automated external defibrillator use in line with current national guidelines
- Be able to demonstrate post-resuscitation procedures
- Be able to carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an automated external defibrillator
- Understand the safe use of an automated external defibrillator
- Understand medical emergencies and the treatment required for the following: – Asthma – Hyperventilation – Anaphylactic shock – Diabetes – Seizures and Epilepsy – Sepsis
To summaries this training course is intended to train you to a higher level of Immediate Life Support (BLS/CPR), AED and medical emergency skills. You will gain valuable knowledge and confidence to deal with a medical emergency in the practice with both patients and members of the dental team.
Available as small group training and 1 to 1 training, please contact us for further details. Prices start from £150.00 per delegate.